You are not alone.
Last week felt like a breaking point for many. The stress of all that is happening for everyone seemed to be permeating our collective conscious.
Several friends and clients have reached to me for help because they just couldn’t sleep.
Case in point:
A gal in one of my classes wrote to me asking for help because she was waking at 1:00 am and unable to fall back to sleep until 2:30 or 3:00. The interrupted sleep was causing fatigue that was worrying her because she had suffered with chronic fatigue in the past, and this felt like a potential return to that rough period.
I sent her some key Liver Meridian Points to tap during the day and to hold before bed, with a mantra which incorporated the emotions related to the Liver Meridian. The time she was waking correlated with when the Liver meridian is most active, 1:00 – 3:00 am.
“Thank you for tapping in, Lara!!! I felt so much relief tapping those points with those phrases. Before I was feeling tired and frustrated and just chalked it up to the interrupted sleep the night before. I held those points right before bed, felt a release again, and slept through the entire night! Thank you! I tapped with those phrases again this morning and felt more relief.
These phrases opened my eyes, too. I was telling myself I was frustrated about my health, that I was frustrated I didn’t have more energy, that I was frustrated because I’m not strong yet, that I’m frustrated because. So, in my head I was telling myself I was frustrated but I hadn’t realized that I was actually criticizing myself. I was criticizing my body for not working properly, for still needing to be ‘fixed’ and for being weak. Thank you for those statements, Lara. They really opened my eyes to how I was criticizing myself without realizing it. I’ll keep tapping to release the criticism and incorporate more gentle, loving, compassionate statements and activities to nurture myself as I heal.”
Over the past two weeks, I have had many clients present with the same meridian weaknesses, Spleen, Liver, Lung and Bladder.
While you may not particularly feel stressed during your day, this stress could be affecting you. Some signs of stress:
- Feeling “off” unlike one’s self
- More irritable or anxious
Each meridian in The Chinese Medicine System has a two-hour period in which it is most active. Each meridian is also associated with specific emotions.
Looking at the time of day your body manifests stress in the form of physical symptoms or insomnia is one way you can determine what emotional stressors could be taxing you.
Take a look at the list below. And if you have been waking at a specific or time or feeling more fatigued or agitated at a certain time of day, see which meridian and emotion could be affecting you.
In the video below, I show you the exercises to calm the emotional stress related to each meridian, and in the Free Download, you can access The Emotional/Meridian Guide with instructions and pictures of each meridian exercise, so you can save this to your phone and find the exercise you need when you need it 😉
Meridians, Timing, and Emotions
- Stomach – 7:00 – 9:00 am (Worry/Trusting Life)
- Spleen – 9:00 – 11:00 am (Poor Assimilation/Compassion)
- Heart – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm (Inability/Ability to Give and Receive Love)
- Small Intestine – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (Indecisive, Divided/Decisive, Discerning)
- Bladder – 3:00 – 5:00 pm (Hopelessness, Overwhelmed/Trusting/Hopeful)
- Kidney – 5:00 – 7:00 pm (Shame, Blame/Kindness, Gentleness with Self)
- Circulation Sex – 7:00 – 9:00 pm (Neglecting/Honoring Heart’s Needs)
- Triple Warmer – 9:00 – 1:00 pm (Fear, Unsafe/Protected, Secure)
- Gall Bladder – 11:00 pm – 1:00 am (Judgmental, Over functioning/Peaceful Assertion)
- Liver – 1:00 – 3:00 am (Critical/Nurturing)
- Lung – 3:00 – 5:00 am (Grief, Loss/Inspiration, Faith)
- Large Intestine – 5:00 – 7:00 am (Attachment, Controlling/Releasing, Letting Go)
The video and guide will show you exercises you can do:
- If you are having trouble falling to sleep, doing the meridian exercise in the video below for both the Triple Warner Meridian and Gall Bladder could help.
- If you are having trouble sleeping between 1:00 – 3:00 am, doing the exercises for Liver Meridian could help.
- If you are waking between 3:00 – 5:00 am, it’s a good idea to do both the exercises for the Bladder and Lung Meridians (most active 3:00 -5:00 pm and am respectively) These meridians affect one another.
- Do the exercises for Large Intestine Meridian if you are waking prematurely between 5:00 – 7:00 am. Constipated? The Large Intestine Exercises could help with this, too 😉
- If you are feeling tired after eating, it could be helpful to do the exercises for Spleen, Kidney and Liver Meridians.
- If you are having trouble getting up and getting going in the morning, I would try the Spleen Meridian Exercises.
Please share this blog/video with anyone you think could benefit from it and let me know by commenting below how this works for you! hit://bit.ly/SleepHelpLR
Download Emotional/Meridian Guide
This resource includes both the daytime and nighttime exercises to help you alleviate your reaction to perceived and unrecognized stress.
Download it to your phone, so if you are having trouble sleeping at a specific time or feeling “off” at a certain time of day, you can find the emotional clearing exercise you need and get some relief!
Much, love, rest and peace,