Avoid Zika with This Homemade Essential Oil Bug Spray:
Worried about Zika?
Lately, the Zika virus has been widely covered in the news, and recently, Fox Health asked me for the best Essential Oil based Natural Solution for the virus. Check out the segment here!
I have expanded on The Homemade Essential Oil Recipe for you below.
This is a natural, non-toxic, pleasant smelling way to keep mosquitoes away.
Homemade Bug Spray Ingredients
- Essential oils: choose from these- Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Mint. Use 2-3 of oils you enjoy.
- Natural Witch Hazel
- Distilled or boiled Water
Homemade Bug Spray Instructions
- Fill spray bottle (I used 8 ounce) 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water
- Add witch hazel to fill almost to the top.
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oils you use, the stronger the spray will be. My personal favorite is: Clove, Citronella, Lemon, Rosemary, and Mint. It works great and smells amazing!
You can protect yourself, as you enjoy the fresh smell of these wonderful oils. In this case the healthier option is also the more fun one!
I’m going to be sharing other interesting ways to pleasure and nurture yourself and your hormonal health in Monday’s Online Class. From great sex to delicious, healing foods to alleviating hot flashes and PMS, we will be talking about it all! Whoa hoo! Check it out here.
Let the Summer Fun begin,
*Featured image courtesy of Airman Magazine